Featured Post

she has a name...

Hi my name is Kim and I am a recovering bigot and ignorant sole…once was the day I agreed abortion was a woman choice…sole choice…once was ...

Friday, February 5, 2010

what a year can do...

Have they checked how much of Down Syndrome she has? Where did she get the disease? Just a couple of questions I was asked recently…funny how people think that Downs Syndrome is contagious…and funny how I did not get offended…I just simply educated them on Down Syndrome…it felt good to be confident in my response and nice on how I delivered it…I was just talking to Chad about this very subject…how there are groups of people we do not get to know or understand…how we just think if it is not in our world…we do not have to know about it…I was that way on Down Syndrome…now I cannot read enough or know enough…know I am interested in other people and there issues…I am even interested in there struggles…wow what a year can do to a person…

1 comment:

  1. So, so true. It hasn't even been a year since I met my first friends with chromosomally enhanced children and we've grown into quite a sisterhood or a club. It is amazing what a year can do to our hearts and it we are patient with others, we can help educate them about Ds. How wonderful that the people asking the questions to you actually asked. I'd rather people ask than base their thoughts on outdated assumptions. Love your header photo!

    ReplyDelete