Featured Post

she has a name...

Hi my name is Kim and I am a recovering bigot and ignorant sole…once was the day I agreed abortion was a woman choice…sole choice…once was ...

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sniffles

Maddox has her first cold…she is so stuffy…. she even has teary eyes…but she is a trooper…she is smiley and social…and very talkative…I cannot help but think she is stricturing...I am battling calling the doctor…she is bubbling at the mouth which is a sign of a fistula…she is also not eating as much as she was last week…I know it is silly that I am so freaked… Maddie is also sleeping through the night…I should be excited about that…but I am not…I am worried she is not getting enough food and the tube to her tummy has something blocking it…good thing we go for her 4 month check up this week! Maddox is an amazing baby…she is so chill…I can tell she has a great personality and that she is going to be full of herself…Maddox loves to be kissed and cuddled…but she is also very active and loves to be in the middle of everything…I love how she reaches and bats at whatever we are holding…Maddox licked her first apple yesterday…she did great grasping it…then putting it to her mouth…then she had a HUGE poop…I hope I did not damage her by giving her an apple to early…

Last night we went to the football game…it was fun…and chilly…Maximus loved it…he packed his football bag (spiderman backpack)…he filled it with his favorite things, his remote to his dinosaur…one light up reindeer slipper…his favorite mtn goat stuff animal…and a tape measure…how random is he! He loved it and now wants to play football...but he thinks playing football is jumping up and down the stadium stairs…at the game of course someone called Maximus a girl…I am not getting that…he was wearing a dinosaur undershirt with a blue airplane t-shirt, blue pants and his dinosaur boots…I guess it is time for Max to get a haircut…his blonde locks are getting long! Another women kept on looking up and staring at Maddox…it was annoying…but I am proud of myself… I just smiled at her…of course I thought she was staring at the Down Syndrome…but I decided she just could not believe what a beautiful baby…that needed a hat!

2 comments:

  1. Call the dr whenever you think anything might be wrong, better safe than sorry and besides that's what he is there for. Surely that woman couldn't help but be thinking Maddox is a doll. But wondering is natural.

    I try to remember that there are a lot of women out there who chose to terminate their baby like mine, so when they see her and see how beautiful and normal she really is, I am sure they feel something powerful. Perhaps they can't help wondering about their own throw away child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am amazed at the % of women that terminate...92%...I have never thought of it like you have explained it...when i first got the diagnosis I remember thinking who are these people..do I know any of them...How old is your little one? how is your baby doing? how are you doing?

    ReplyDelete