Featured Post

she has a name...

Hi my name is Kim and I am a recovering bigot and ignorant sole…once was the day I agreed abortion was a woman choice…sole choice…once was ...

Saturday, September 19, 2009

I declare!

I did it! Today I declared Maddox has Down Syndrome to a total stranger…it felt good…I was picking up Maximus dinosaur cake and this man said he was a bus driver for special needs kids…and he was ooohing and aaahing over Maddie…and I just said it…I said she was born with Down Syndrome…this is huge…I feel ok about this…She giggled and smiled and is just cute…I got a comment the other day to enjoy my time with her…I have been thinking about this a lot…I do need to enjoy her more and worry less…I know she will be my last child…I need to enjoy the little things more…and stop thinking so much about other people…and what they are thinking or not thinking! crazy because I was such a social person…I am not very social now…I maybe leave my home a couple times a week...So today with my new found reassurance I took Maddox to the mall…I put her in the sling and went…this time I put her facing forward and out so she could see the world and world could see her…she liked it…

Today Maximus went sage chicken hunting! He puked in the truck…but kept focused on the hunt…he was so excited to go…he has not slept in days…I think he was so excited that he lost it! Now he thinks after nap that he is going northern pike fishing in Casper Wy…what a kid!

1 comment: