Featured Post

she has a name...

Hi my name is Kim and I am a recovering bigot and ignorant sole…once was the day I agreed abortion was a woman choice…sole choice…once was ...

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Big Girl and Boy!

Check the doctor off the list!! Yeah…it went great…Maddox is a big girl 12 pounds 9 ounces and 23 inches long!! and best of all she gets to start on cereal…of course I had to ask if I should give her the special cereal that helps with brain development…I thought just maybe it could help with the whole later in life…driving and living independently thing…well that was shot down! He said regular Gerber cereal will be just fine…I hope he is right…Maximus is also doing great he is 39 pounds and 39 inches long! he is a box that moves like a tank…the shots sucked…they both cried…I am feeling so much better after the doctor…she will not have to get the monthly RSV shots…because she was a term baby…and they increased her dosage of indigestion meds…I hope she is not in pain…this indigestion thing is a hard thing to gage…

I was bounced back to reality fast…when someone who was staring a Maddox and said…”I think she is going to be ok…she does not seem to be chromosomally enhanced (smirk)…she just does not look like it” I sighed and said “no she has 47 chromosomes and she is going to have to work hard to get to drive or graduate high school”…I think it is funny how people want the Down Syndrome to just go away…some how I think it makes them feel better…I do hate the sorry look on there faces…it just gets old…especially when at that moment Down Syndrome is that last thing on my mind…I am trying to raise a kid…I am coming to grips with our reality…at this moment…I know people only think of Maddox when she is staring at them in the eye…and I think it makes them uncomfortable that she can look so perfect and cute and still be so different then them…

No comments:

Post a Comment