Featured Post

she has a name...

Hi my name is Kim and I am a recovering bigot and ignorant sole…once was the day I agreed abortion was a woman choice…sole choice…once was ...

Monday, September 21, 2009

assume what...

What can be better then sitting in the dentist chair? scratching and scraping on my teeth was better then the hygienist-asking question after question...she began with-- anything new with your medical history? I answered with a simple-- I had a baby...oooh she says a boy or girl? I answer a girl...what’s her name? I said Maddox Rose and we call her Maddie...then she goes on and on about how we are always more nervous about our first child...I still do not understanding why she thought that Maddox was my first child...but whatever...then she says when did you have her? I said May...oooh she says what a perfect time of year to have a baby...she then says all that matters is that she is healthy...which automatically pisses me off...then she said-- when you have another child you really need to come to the dentist...I said to her I am not having anymore kids...she gave me “a look” and turned away...but did not ask another stupid question...I thought to myself...if you are not good at small talk or interested do not initiate it...I used to assume that babies came healthy...now I do not...most people just assume that I had a “normal” baby with perfect health...I realize today talking with me is like “pulling teeth”...I have a thing about people who assume...I do not have the patience for ignorance...for a person that assumes that we all have healthy babies...I knew if I corrected her...she would tell me how she new this person of a person that knew a down syndrome person that is just the sweetest thing they ever known...you know what they say about assuming it makes a ass out of you and me...today I guess I was the ass...

No comments:

Post a Comment