Featured Post

she has a name...

Hi my name is Kim and I am a recovering bigot and ignorant sole…once was the day I agreed abortion was a woman choice…sole choice…once was ...

Friday, January 15, 2010

if he can...I can...

The week that was…it worked…I challenged myself and took a foster child into my home daycare…it was good for me to get out of my comfort zone…and remind myself how great my life really is…I see this little guy that is just 2 years old with no communication skills, no sense of control, and not knowing who anyone around him is…how hard is it for him to be 2 year old and put into a strange house, a strange bed and a strange family at 1 am in the morning…his parents are not getting him back anytime soon…so he will live in this strange world and just adjust…on day one I was not sure he would…it took him a morning…then he fit right in…hugs for all and his appetite for food, play and comfort is strong…if he can adjust I am sure I can…he did not ask for this discomfort…and I did not ask for mine…but at least I had the choice along the way…

1 comment:

  1. We all need a soft place to fall. No matter what we believe our choices to be, or if we have no choice at all, we need hands to hold, and arms to embrace us, and a voice urging us to believe that it will be okay. And it will.

    ReplyDelete