Featured Post

she has a name...

Hi my name is Kim and I am a recovering bigot and ignorant sole…once was the day I agreed abortion was a woman choice…sole choice…once was ...

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Flawed thinking...

I am not sure how I feel about anniversaries…I am not big on remembering dates…I know the month I was married…but I am never sure on the day…the day my mom died I do not know…but I know the time frame around it…this falls in line with Maddox…I am approaching the one year anniversary of the “no bubble” ultra sound…I am emotional and want to forget…I am not to sure if I have seen a day of no tears since then…amazing how one thing can turn my head upside down…mind you it is a big thing…but never the less! I keep awaking to memories of things that have happened…like the walk from the Ronald McDonald house to the hospital…I remember everything the sights, smells, the construction…everything…the best moment was when I got to call my dad to tell him we were coming home…I do not have a worst moment…because Maddox was a ROCKSTAR…she passed every test and showed us what a fighter she is …I read a blog yesterday that really got me thinking…EVERYTHING I think of about Maddox is flawed…what I mean is…that I think the way I do because most of society thinks that way…because I have labeled her and accepted her label…I am on a journey now to re-write my interpretation of Ds…I have been stuck on the “R” word for way to long…almost a year! This morning I told Maximus it is most important to be nice first…I did not say he needed to find a cure for cancer…I said be nice…I think Maddox is going to be nice…hopefully her mom will be to!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Yay for you and for Maddox! At first, I wasn't able to read about or see pictures of adults with Ds, but there are some young adults who are just rocking my world! I recently stumbled across a blog about such a gal. http://joycespage.downsyndrome.com/ I hope it will encourage you, too!

    My goals for Eon are not any different than those of his five siblings: to know God, to love others, to have a servant's heart, and to be content in all things. I have a suspicion that he may exceed them all! :)

    ReplyDelete