Featured Post

she has a name...

Hi my name is Kim and I am a recovering bigot and ignorant sole…once was the day I agreed abortion was a woman choice…sole choice…once was ...

Thursday, September 29, 2011

blackish...bluish...


Something I said I would never do…I would never even consider…helmets and leashes…Maddie is a walking bruise…she is so very awkward right now…she wants to run but just cannot get all the right body parts to move at the same speed with balance…and she falls head first…she thinks she can do anything and everything herself…and she is just not quite big enough yet…the other day at the park she talked her Dad into letting her swing by herself…that resulted in a open gash in the back of her head…a shaved patch of hair and super glue holding her head back together…I am not sure what her Dad was thinking but Maddie is a fast talker…Maddie is still escaping out the front door of the house…and in route to catch her…she skidded face first down the driveway…I have had to put Max’s slide bed up so she cannot climb it…yes she climbs up the slide or the latter and then manages to fall off the bed every time and hits her head…she is climbing on stools, toilets, and out of her highchair…the girl does not stop moving…even for a minute…she cries or whimpers a bit and tries the deed again…no matter if it is a gash, a bruise, a bump, or a scrap…the girl has no fear…so I am thinking the solution is a helmet with face guard and a leash with a stake…pondering!

9 comments:

  1. Oh you're describing my very near future to a 'T'! I told Sutter the other day I was going to buy him an 8ft. dog leash and tether him to a post! He fell down the stairs this past weekend after I had blocked them with the pocket door so that I could use the restroom...apparently he can open pocket doors and the next thing I knew I heard a thud...did falling on a tile floor stop him from trying to escape right back to those stairs NOPE! Yesterday he tried to unlock the front door and open it...I'm thinking a leash is going to be his new accessory!

    Maybe we can get a buy one get one free deal?! :) Hope that sweet wild girl heals fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, that child is on a MISSION!!!! Whew! Sammi was never a climber or an adventure-seeker, and that may be why she's still so behind physically. That Maddie is a stong-willed, strong-muscled little girl!! She'll get it, eventually. Good for her (but sorry for the bumps, bruises and gray hairs for mommy & daddy...LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my ! I can just imagine, ouch Mads.Viv

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Look out world...right now that self determination may drive you crazy but that is going to take her far in life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh Madds...That girl is a going concern!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, Im preparing myself for this stage. I know as soon as Arina can walk, she's going to think she can run. I bet we get a lot of cuts and scrapes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so there right now, too. Luckily Max's high chair has a harness - never had to use it for his older sister. We have a hotel lock on the front door that he can't reach, even when he moves the chair over. We can't have the chairs next to the dining table or he climbs up there. And yes, we do have a leash. I rarely use it though, because I rarely let him out of the stroller! He's so fast. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're right there too! Luc fell off the couch after jumping and throwing himself on the cushion while I was nursing and landed himself a big fat bloody lip. Low tone + no fear + super active = a lot of boo boos.

    ReplyDelete