Featured Post

she has a name...

Hi my name is Kim and I am a recovering bigot and ignorant sole…once was the day I agreed abortion was a woman choice…sole choice…once was ...

Monday, June 7, 2010

Phone manners...

Access Pass….very excited about this…access to all Federal National Parks....found this info out from a fellow blogger! I am loving the blogging connection…so I check it all out and read the sites…and have Chad ready to go…I call to verify the documentation they need…here is the conversation…


Woman: Hello National Trails Museum…

Me: Hello I am looking for an access pass… I have a child born with Down Syndrome. I need to verify the documentation you need so my husband is not running all over!

Women: (to someone in the background) do we give out some pass to Down Syndrome people! The women in the background then gets on the phone…bring a SSI card…

Me: My daughter does not receive SSI … I cont…not all people that are born with a disability receive SSI…

Women: (in harsh tone) can she write?

Me: No…

Women: well how old is she?

Me: one year old…

Women: why do you need this pass then?

Me: because I can…

Really…this is all I can say…and so it begins…she does not own this pass…the Federal Government does! I do not get why people that work in public do not get educated…get trained...I am not asking for much…but I worry that someday Maddie will be on the receiving end of this phone call…

No comments:

Post a Comment