Featured Post

she has a name...

Hi my name is Kim and I am a recovering bigot and ignorant sole…once was the day I agreed abortion was a woman choice…sole choice…once was ...

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Treats Please!

Trick or Treating rocked! Maximus loved every minute of trick or treating… he ran to every door and told them to have a Happy Halloween…he is so funny with a lot of spunk…last year he taught some nice little friends some “boat language” that’s naughty words…this year he just told a man that is house was CREEPIE! When I see him run and love life as full as he does…I get excited to see Maddox develop…he has already rubbed off on her…she is VERY vocal and screams just to mimic Max…it is loud in our house these days…I do feel like I have been TRICKed into what is Down Syndrome…there is so many unknowns to Down Syndrome…parenting Maddie has not been what I expected…she is much more “normal” developing then I could have imagined…again I wish I went into this journey with not so much reading and false assumptions….there is times that I totally forget that Maddox was born with Downs Syndrome…and then I am actually start led when I realize she has it….I even go through the emotions of the diagnosis again… it is a very strange emotional rollercoaster…I am having a hard time rapping around that there is no answerers…no planning…no fixing…just hoping that I am doing the right things for her…I so want her to drive…yes I am still hung up on this…I want her to be independent and find happiness…I hate when people say she will be happy…she will be content….ooooohhhhh that rubs me the wrong way…Maddox has been more of a TREAT then I could have dreamed…she is SMART, cute, funny, and soooo cuddly…who knows what life holds for us…I guess we will see how we handle it when it comes….I hope it is more TREATS then TRICKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment